Friday, August 5, 2016

CrashCourse

I went to bed way too late last night lol. I was texting my bff and trying the new Instagram Story thing, it's basically Snapchat on Instagram. How did they lawfully do that? I couldn't tell yah. But this morning I got in some CrashCourse: Literature lessons, I watched the ones about Frankenstein and The Great Gatsby. The videos are a great way to learn. I downloaded The Great Gatsby on my phone and I thought a vid on it would be informative. Weird thing is I kind of hate The Great Gatsby. Well I like the book, the dialogue is just bleeckkk in my opinion, my first introduction to the book was Sophomore year when I was in Theatre and our school did the play. I just think the book should have never been made into a film. But other than that I like the book, the imagery is beautiful and the characters are complex and interesting. I have a hate/love relationship with it basically, like I do with the movie The Lion King. But people really hate it when I say I don't like The Lion King so I keep that to myself lol.

The video on Frankenstein was good too. I just read the book last year, I was VERY surprised by it. Frankenstein was the guy who made the monster, the monster was very complicated, and the monster was very eloquent. I didn't read it all the way through cause I'm lousy but I loved the style. (I love romantic literature too much haha.) But the video brought up some deeper ideas within the story that I didn't even think of. Plus John Green is awesome and I like the Easter eggs they put in the animations of the stories haha.

But my nerdy love of the written word is nothing new haha. See ya tomorrow.

Here's a little reminder of my love of Scandal.
They are an adorable on screen couple! 
(plus I wanna be Kerry Washington when I grow up lol)
#Olitz

For your listening pleasure:
(ma jamity jam)

No comments:

Post a Comment