Monday, May 9, 2016

In pain - a bit of a rant

Why do people who have been physically scarred see people who have been emotionally scarred as whiners. Why is my pain less important? You get stabbed, you heal, I get betrayed in a major way, I may not trust people for the rest of my life. And the fact that I have emotional pain is again dismissed because I am 17, why is my pain not valid? Why is what I feel not bad enough? Have you met someone who had lost a parent? Is there any part of you that thinks, "but it's not like your arm was cut off."? I don't think so. The way I have been treated affects how I act and think of myself today and probably for the rest of my life. Why is that not good enough? Emotional pain is just as bad if not worse than physical pain. But people who have emotional or mental problems have this stigma around them. Teens kill themselves because they feel so terrible about their lives or themselves, does someone have to die for people to realize the pain inside someone can ruin their lives? Sadly most of the time the answer is yes.  I'm sad, depressed, lonely, anxious because my experiences in life have had a strong effect on me, but I'm a teenager and I'm not actually hurt so it's not valid. But was I learn from realizing this is that only I can validate myself. But I'm growing up and I guess im learning so much about myself but I don't like being 17 so much, people think I'm a child because I'm not 18, or think i'm too old to not do certain things.


For your listening pleasure:
Invisible By: Hunter Hayes

No comments:

Post a Comment